In consideration of the enrollment and participation of the participant(s) being registered (“ Participants”) in the Chelios Adult Hockey League (“ CAHL”) which may include hockey games, hockey tournaments, hockey clinics, skills sessions, hockey and skating lessons, the sport of ice hockey, and/or any on-ice or off-ice activities related or incident thereto, including without limitation, floor hockey, roller hockey, general conditioning and physical fitness activities, rugby and other similar sporting activities, travel to any of the foregoing activities or events, team lodging and activities associated with travel and lodging and participation in any team or CAH: related or sponsored events (collectively referred to as “ Activities”), I, the Participant, agree as follows:
1. Release. As a registered Participant I hereby waive, release, relinquish and discharge CAHL, Jackson Storage Properties, L.P. d/b/a All Seasons Ice Rinks, together with their agents, employees, officers, owners, operators, instructors, coaches, managers, promoters, sponsors, other participants, volunteers, and contractors (“ Instructors”), on behalf of the Participant and their children, parents, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, from and against any and all claims for liability and causes of action, including for personal injury, property damage or loss, or wrongful death occurring to Participant arising out of or related to participation in or attendance at the Activities, whenever or however they occur and for such period as the Activities may continue.
2. Assumption of Risk. Participant acknowledges, understands and assumes all risks relating to the Activities, and understand that the Activities involve risks to the Participant’s person including bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death, and associated damages and that Participant and Parent understand these risks. Participant acknowledge that these risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the Participant or the negligence of others, including the Instructors and that there may be risks and dangers not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Participant acknowledges, understands and assumes the risks, if any, arising from the conditions and use of ice hockey rinks and related premises and acknowledge and understand that they are assuming the risk of and are waiving the right to bring any cause of action (including any cause of action based on negligence) arising from the performance, or failure to perform, maintenance, inspection, supervision or control of such areas and for the failure to warn of dangerous conditions existing at such rinks or facilities, for negligent selection of certain Instructors, or negligent supervision or instruction by Instructors. Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that all of the risks and dangers described throughout this agreement, including those caused by the negligence of Participant and/or others, are included within the release set forth in Paragraph 1 above.
3. Indemnification. Participant agrees that if (i) any claim for Participant’s personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death is commenced against Instructors; or (ii) a third party asserts a claim of personal injury, property damage or wrongful death against Instructors arising from any act or omission of Participant; then Participant shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Instructors from and against any and all such claims or causes of action, by whomever or wherever made or asserted, for damages arising from or related to Participant’s or such third party’s personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death and all costs associated with such claims or causes of action, including attorneys fees.
4. Acknowledgments & Use of Name and Image. Participant acknowledges and agrees that (i) they have been provided sufficient opportunity to read this agreement; (ii) they understand this agreement; (iii) they are fully advised of the dangers of the Activities; (iv) participation in the Activities is voluntary; (v) they agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement; and (vi) Participant does not have any medical, physical or emotional condition that may result in injury or harm to Participant or any other party participating in the Activities. Participant agrees that Participant’s name and image may be used in perpetuity in photographs, motion picture films, television broadcasts, and/or in any radio broadcasts covering or promoting the Activities, without payment to Participant in connection therewith.
5. Miscellaneous. This agreement shall be subject to and governed by the applicable laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to the principles thereof relating to conflicts of laws. Participant irrevocably agrees that any legal action, suit or proceeding brought by them or on their behalf in any way arising out of this agreement must be brought solely and exclusively in DuPage county, Illinois and they irrevocably submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Illinois in personam, generally and unconditionally with respect to any action, suit or proceeding brought by them against the Instructors. In the event that any provision of this agreement conflicts with the law under which this agreement is to be construed or if any such provision is held invalid or unenforceable by a court with jurisdiction, such provision shall be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intent in accordance with applicable law. The remaining provisions of this agreement and the application of the challenged provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is invalid or unenforceable shall not be affected thereby, and each such provision shall be valid and enforceable to the full extent permitted by law. The paragraph headings used herein are for reference and convenience only and shall not be considered in the interpretation of this agreement.
ALL SEASONS ICE RINKS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY -- READ BEFORE SIGNING – In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the ADULT HOCKEY LEAGUE, related events and activities of ICE HOCKEY, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that: 1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, 2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown of my participation in the ADULT HOCKEY LEAGUE, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, 3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in the ADULT HOCKEY LEAGUE. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and, 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS JACKSON STORAGE PROPERTIES, DBA ALL SEASONS ICE RINKS, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.